Monday, January 9, 2012

(this isn't actually about my knees or exercising)

Every time my leg impacts against the ground I can feel the joints in my knee rub against each other.

I've been working out over break and came to realize that I have really, really bad knees.  I never noticed it because I spent my whole life swimming instead of running, minimizing the impact that my feet have with the solid ground.  It's a genetic thing.  My dad and sister have really bad knees, as well.

And it hurts to do the cardio exercises.  I can hear my knees cracking every time I move them.  Even hours after the workout is over I find myself massaging the right knee, still feeling the heat of pain shoot up my thigh.

But I keep doing my daily "Jillian" workouts with my sister.  I keep pushing on.  Because I'm convinced that this is where the Lord has me.  That He wants me to be exercising and since we don't have a pool, my knees have to suck it up.

But how do I know when enough is enough?  How do I know if Jesus really wants me putting stress on my knees?  How do I know that this is what He wants for me?

And I keep pressing on.  Hoping that the pain will miraculously go away if He wants me to be doing this.


Hoping that the tears will fade if He wants me here.

But what if they don't?  Does that mean that He doesn't want me here?  Or does that mean that He wants me to fight through the pain because sometimes He calls us into places that we wouldn't necessarily choose for ourselves to be?

I just hope that my knees don't give out.  I hope that even if the pain remains, the end result will be well worth the tears I fought to get there.  I don't want to hear my own emotions and thoughts of wishing to go back to swimming, rather than running.  I want to hear the Lord's voice loud and clear telling me to push through.  That He loves me and wants this for me.  That He holds all things together.
 
I just want confirmation that I made the right choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment