Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I am at peace.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18--
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Jesus, I am so thankful for the season of life that you have me in.  I am looking forward to next year, where I can build up my leadership skills and take the time to develop before applying for staff.  THAT is Your will and so for this I am grateful.  And I am at peace.  FINALLY.  I am ecstatic to have the opportunity to participate in the way You transform lives on college campuses, be it by volunteering or being on staff.

I'm thankful for the fellowship that I have at school and this amazing senior year that You've provided for me.  I live with five of the greatest and most Godly women I've ever met.  It's such a priveledge to spend each day with them and see how You are moving in their lives.  I'm grateful for the health of our IV chapter.  We have such a solid leadership team that is ready to make a difference on our campus.

Such a privilege to lead with these rockstars this year

I'm thankful to have a lighter course load this year and to be able to learn and grow on this amazing research team that you have me on.  I've not only been able to learn knowledge on this team but life-skills, as well.  I'm so grateful that I finally found my niche in school--Jesus learning about the brain is. so. my. thing.

I'm thankful for the fellowship that I also now have at home.  I love my church and the people in it.  I'm grateful for the opportunities You provide for me to witness to my dad and sister.  Jesus just change their hearts to yearn for You only.

Most importantly, I'm thankful for the cross.  To be able to come to You as I am.  To be able to call You "Abba."  To be able to pray for my campus and my family is such a gift because I don't deserve to ask You for anything.  But regardless, You so eagerly want me to.  To be continually forgiven and loved even when I mess up time and time again.  G.R.A.C.E.  I am thankful that You are love and I am so very grateful that You pursued me and changed my heart to understand that Truth.  In conversations this week I've learned that some people (very close to me) don't understand how deep You love them.  To be able to understand grace and love and mercy and forgiveness and this relationship... that comprehension comes only from Your Spirit.  And so I thank You for giving that to me.  I am thankful that You are more than enough for me.

I am thankful to be Your daughter.

1 comment: