Wednesday, February 15, 2012

things are good, guys!

A lot of people have been reading my blog this month and it's made them concerned for me.  This surprised me a bit, because my intention was not to come off as sad in my entries, but as hopeful.  I'm really tired right now and about to go off to bed, but I wanted to make this little post to ease the tension that I'm receiving from those of you that are at home right now--for those of you who perhaps haven't truly grasped yet just how much Jesus has a hold of my life and will not let me go.

You see I'm human.  I'm broken and unworthy and a sinner.  I still struggle with (many, many) things and am in a bit of a funk that college is ending.  I feel overwhelmed at times and my heart hurts for various reasons.  But Jesus is so much greater than all of that.  He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds (Psalm 147:3).  Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (Romans8:1).  So even though I still struggle with sins, I am forgiven and He is working to purify my heart.  He is making everything new.

I'm going to have rough patches in my life, but I'm grateful for them.  Because the trials bring me closer to Jesus.  Because when I rely on Him to carry me through I become more like Him.  And that is my ultimate purpose in life:  to die to my own sinful nature and to be more like Him.  He must become greater; I must become less (John 3:30).

And so I am hopeful because my God can do it.  Jesus has radically transformed my life already and I know He will continue to do so.  He will continue to walk with me because He loves me.  My soul cries, "Abba, Father."  All I long for is that intimacy with Him because I love Jesus more than anything else in this world.  So I will persevere and I will be redeemed.  When I talk about things like perseverance and needing grace and redemption in my blogs, it's a good thing.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me (2 Corinthians 12:9).  I rejoice in the fact that my Jesus can and will and is in the process of changing me.

He is in the business of redeeming lives and transforming souls.

I'm off to bed.  My eyes are slowly shutting and my fingers can barely type anymore.  But watch this video.  It depicts so clearly that He is in control of all things and wants to heal all things and has such beautiful grace to offer us.

All He longs for is a relationship with you.
All you have to do is want this pure, perfect, and astonishing love that He gives so freely.
Let Him into your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment