Saturday, December 31, 2011

Closing the Year

2011.
what. a. good. year.

Honestly, I have nothing to complain about.  I love the lessons Jesus taught me this year.  I love the relationships He has brought into my life.  I love how He gave me a passion for ministry and college students and learning about cognitive neuroscience.  I love how He got me plugged into a church at home and is slowly getting me plugged more into one in Fredericksburg.  I love the opportunity to connect with Jesus via this blog (which, by the way is only a year old!)  I love the growth that I've seen Him do inside of me.  I love the prayers I've seen answered.  I love the amazing women that I live with at school.  The amazing professors that teach my classes.  The amazing leaders in our chapter.  The amazing people I've grown so close to at home... 

So many blessings from the King.

And I realize just how beautiful You are and how great Your affections are for me.  And oh, how He loves us, oh.  Oh, how He loves us.  How He loves us, oh.

But I am not mourning this New Year's Eve.  2011 wasn't a great year because of the calendar.  It was a great year because of the intimacy I had (and continue to have) with Jesus.  Because of the blessings that His grace so eagerly gives me each morning.  2012 will be equally as great, if not better than 2011.  Because Jesus always seeks to bless.  Because Jesus always wants to spend time with this daughter of His.


Yeah, He loves us.  Oh how He loves us. Oh how He loves us.
Oh how He loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment