Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Springtime!

I love days like today!  80 degrees.  Sunshine.  Ball Circle covered with college students reading and playing frisbee and tanning.  And despite the craziness and stress that my classes brought me today I absolutely loved the little moments that came in short segments.  Moments of running into friends on campus walk, eating lunch outside, getting free school spirit stuff, having a short Jesus-talk with a friend on Ball Circle... I live for springtime on a college campus.

All winter I walk the dreaded, cold path to class each morning--wondering how the bare trees ever looked pretty in the fall and spring.  My mind is full of doubts that the weather will ever be warm again.  But I hold onto the promise that spring will come.  Even if it seems hopeless in the dead of winter.

Days like today are the little glimmer of hope that the earth is indeed moving, and winter will eventually end.  And maybe we're not going to jump completely into spring weather right away.  We might have a few more cold spells before April arrives, but today was that small reminder that spring is on its way.

I've been needing and yearning for God to heal me in a certain difficult area in my life for years.  I was beginning to doubt that He would ever heal me, yet I held onto the promise that He would--even though that was difficult for me to wholeheartedly believe at times.

But I'm beginning to feel it.
The sun warms my skin
And the breeze blows past my face
And the sound of laughter reverberates down campus
And the little glimmer of progress is revealed.

I've felt that healing recently.  (very recent. like, in the past week, recent.)

I'm not completely healed, yet.  I've just experienced a tiny preview this week.  A reminder that Jesus is working on me and has been molding me under the surface for quite some time.  Finally just a bit scraped the surface and a fragment of that progress came out of hiding.


He still has a long way to go with me, but we're moving!  We're growing!  He's changing me.  Healing me.  Molding me into His Son.  It's been three years of praying about it but I can finally see how He's making me new.

I can now smile and say with confidence that winter will, in fact, end.  Even if spring takes longer than I expected for it to get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment