Thursday, May 31, 2012

unseen growth

I don't think it's until I'm with old friends whom I haven't seen in awhile that I realize how far Jesus has grown me.

As I weave in and out of busy days,
As I experience frustrations,
     and the sorrowful (but exciting) transition of graduating college,
As I feel irritated and tired by mundane schedules,
     and my mind goes from big picture to small details,
I don't feel growth.

Sometimes I doubt growth.
Sometimes I wonder if I've taken steps back.

But when I can zoom out for a few hours,
When I can reflect on how
     different
          my conversations are with the same people
               I used to speak to so regularly three years ago.

(Even so different than those conversations two years ago.)

Different content,
   Different tone,
      Different feeling,
         Different meaning.

                  Full of Spirit.

I'm reminded that I never did get off this train.

The journey just continues
       and I unknowingly am
                                changed.

As I learn more about Him and His Truths,
As I continue to know Him in deeper ways,
And fall more in love with Jesus,
I find that...

I have become more like Him.
                  (Philippeans 1:6)


No comments:

Post a Comment