Wednesday, July 11, 2012

home

I found out that I was leaving Virginia sometime in January and I mourned moving for a very long time.  I loved my friends, the town that I spent a wonderful four years in, a region of IV that I knew well, having the occupation of a student, and really just the whole state of Virginia.  Pieces of me blossomed there and were left behind there and were shaped there.  It was the place I thought of when I spoke of home.

But now, only two months into life in Ewing, NJ, I am beginning to settle.  I've taken off the sackcloth and ashes and embraced life here, not as I did in the beginning when I felt forced to like it here, but because my heart is beginning to grow in this town.

I love my church and the friendships that are developing.  I really do like my job in the church office and I am so energized by helping out with and learning about this new IV region.  I count myself blessed for living near such quaint little towns and having a quick drive to the beach.

What is even more fantastic is that I now really believe that I am here for "such a time as this" (Esther 4:14).  The Lord's hand in moving me HERE at THIS time becomes more and more clear to me each week.  So many things are coming together in so many different categories of my life--family, friends, InterVarsity, church, my job, living situations, etc. I really reflect on my life at the end of the week in amazement.  I could have never dreamed for it to come together as perfectly as it seems to be fitting.

I'm starting to lose that itch to move back to Virginia (though I still think it would be fun to live in Richmond).  I'm starting to only really see myself here (who would have thought?!).

At some point over the last two months Fredericksburg stopped having the place of "home" in my heart and Ewing took over.

I am growing spiritually, while I simultaneously am feeling settled.  I feel comfortable, yet stretched.  Able to challenge and lead others, yet am definitely under leadership that challenges me all the same.  I see how I need the people here, and also how I am needed in the various circumstances I find myself in.

I'm going to celebrate the Lord's sovereign timing.
I'm going to rejoice that He makes all things work together for His glory.
I'm going to call this HOME.



No comments:

Post a Comment